Many people are constantly on the go due to their busy lifestyle and family commitments. Having healthy snacks on hand can help you keep your metabolism going strong and may prevent overeating, and it will help tame temptation to eat other convenient options, like junk foods, that are less than friendly to your waistline. Finding portable, healthy snacks to eat on-the-go can be difficult because they are high in refined carbs and sugar, which can leave you feeling unsatisfied and craving for more.
Here is a list of 5 hand-picked healthy snacks, which are popularProtein and Fibre Foods for Weight Loss.
- Handful of Almonds: Almonds is believed to be the go-to food item for your hunger pangs and the easiest way to fill up the requirement of protein. An ounce serving of almonds packs about 6 grams of protein. Snacking on almonds comes with many health benefits such as improving cardiovascular health, reducing bad cholesterol level, and helps in reducing weight.
- Roasted Chickpeas: Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, are a legume with an impressive nutrient profile; boast an impressive 50 grams of protein in one cup. Break that up into a smaller ½ serving and roast the seeds for 25 grams of protein snacking. They are excellent sources of protein and fiber, both necessary for keeping you active throughout a busy day.
- Mixed Nuts: Nuts are the most easily accessible snack that comes with a number of nutritional benefits. Try a mixed bunch for variety and a combo with dried fruit for some added sweetness that will last for weeks. You can incorporate an ounce of almonds and pistachios in the mix to add an additional 6 grams of protein to your snack.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs: Eggs really are one of nature's most perfect portable foods. One hard-boiled egg consists of 6 grams of protein, which will keep you full and satisfied until your next meal. A boiled egg is easy to prepare and convenient to transport - they even come with their own packaging! In addition to protein, eggs also provide vitamin D and vitamin B-12 and contain between 80-90 calories a piece. The yellow part of the eggs tastes good and also boasts a fat-fighting ingredient known as choline.
- Sprouts Salad: Sprouts are a healthy snack option for people who are constantly on run. Boil sprouts and add a little bit of salt and pepper to drive your hunger away.
- Popcorn: Whether you're dashing from meeting to meeting or driving kids to practice, you don't have time to be hungry. This snack requires very less preparation time. Popcorn is the healthiest and popular snack foods. But it is important how you prepare it. This snack packs in 11g protein that you won't be distracted by those hunger pangs.
- Peanut butter Sandwich : PB is rich in heart-healthy fats and is a good source of protein, which can be helpful for vegetarians looking to include more protein in their diets. A 2-tablespoon serving of peanut butter contains up to 8 grams of protein and 2 to 3 grams of fiber. The nutty spread also offers vitamins and minerals including the B vitamin niacin, iron, potassium and vitamin E. PB Sandwich is really filling, and excellent choice for a snack as it’s easy to make.
There are plenty of snack options that come from whole foods and this list is definitely not all-encompassing. But these are a few of easy and portable, go-to snacks that take just a few minute